Friday, April 25, 2014

Beef Strogonaf



30 minute meal, here we come. The great thing about it is that it tastes great for hardly any effort. Even my kids love it! I don't know of that says much- but hey, if my kids will eat it I'm a happy camper.




Today's tip for making a quicker meal: use dry seasonings instead of the actual raw food. In this recipe I use dried onion or onion powder, for example, instead taking the time to chop up fresh onion. Of course fresh onion would be preferable (if you like them) but the key here is to cut down on cooking time as much as possible, with, still, a great turnout!  You can do this with cilantro, garlic, basil, Just about anything. 





What you will need: 

-2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
-1 lb or beef (or less if you're trying to cut down on the meat). 
-Milk (or water, if you're like me and didn't realize you were out of milk. Still tasted great though)      
    Probably about 1 can (using your cream of mushroom can) 
-Some beef or chicken bouillon. 
-Garlic powder (about 1 teaspoon) 
-Onion powder (about 1 teaspoon)
-3-4 cups of uncooked brown rice.
-about 6 cups of water

Tools to simplify: 
Rice cooker. 


1- Put about 3-4 cups of brown rice in rice cooker, and fill according to rice-cooker instructions. Inside of my bowl there is a "brown rice" measurements. If I put 3 cups of rice in, I fill up my rice-cooker to line 3. My rice cooker also came with a cup to measure the rice.  It's pretty easy. Turn the rice cooker on and let it will do the rest of the work. By the time you are done preparing everything, your rice should be done.

2-Put ground beef in sauce pan, sprinkle a bit of each seasoning over the beef, while cooking on stove on med heat. 

3-Once beef is cooked, add cream of mushroom soups and milk or water to the beef. Once it's heated up, your dinner should be ready!

4- top beef sauce over rice and enjoy!



Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment